The Milton Santa Claus Parade would not be possible without the numerous dedicated volunteers who donate their time and expertise! The Committee is always looking for new volunteers for a wide range of positions. These opportunities are great for high school students looking to earn their required community hours or for those looking to meet their neighbours and be involved in their community.
The following is a brief description of some of the volunteer opportunities available:
- Traffic Marshals are placed at strategic locations prior to the parade to greet parade participants and give them directions.
- Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal to ensure the security of the parade attendees, participants and the parade route, will assist End-of-Parade Marshal to direct float traffic and participants at the end of the Parade route
- Band Marshals assist the Supervising Band Marshal in greeting the buses, equipment trucks, cars and band people and organizing the band portion of the parade.
- Float Marshals assist the Supervising Float Marshal in greeting the floats and giving direction to the various groups and floats, and their support vehicles
- Banner Carriers, as the name suggests, carry the various banners advertising the sponsors of the various bands, floats or groups. It is a greater responsibility as the Carriers are actually participants in the parade and personify the Advertisers to the Spectators.
- End-of-Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal and are positioned at the end of the parade and greet the band buses, equipment vehicles as they arrive to meet their various groups. Floats need to be met and safely disbursed into the dispersal area. It is a little chaotic and demands a strong sense of responsibility and some positive management skills. Parents and friends will be in the area as well as floats, large trucks, bands, parade walkers etc. Safety is a large concern.
Volunteer Entry Form
For more information on volunteering for the Parade, contact Samantha at email@example.com or complete the form below.